High-quality oils are full of active compounds that can help you feel more alert, support your body’s immune response or balance hormones. While it is vital to choose the right brand, it’s just as important to know how to use oils safely. Use these tips to encourage health and happiness in your favorite space.
The Basics of Essential Oils
Aromatherapy is the practice of using fragrance to support healing. For centuries, cultures across the world have used essential oils for medicinal purposes and sacred ceremonies. Today, oils are still an excellent way to relax the body, calm the mind, and create the perfect atmosphere for any mood or event.
Keep these guidelines in mind as you start your oil essentials journey.
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not recommend the ingestion of any essential oil. They also discourage the use of topical products that contain essential oils. Their cautious advice is based on the lack of scientific evidence backing the efficacy of many compounds. There are several oils, including Scentsy products, on the FDA’s Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) list. However, it is best to avoid direct contact with oils either internally or on the skin. Scentsy oils are intended for use with a diffuser.
- As researchers turn their attention to the effects of essential oils, our understanding of aromatherapy changes. Studies prove that certain smells stimulate the brain’s olfactory system. Depending on the active compounds in the inhaled fragrance, this system is then prompted to produce an array of hormones that energize, relax, or calm the whole body. You don’t need to drink the oils or rub them on your skin for them to be effective. A good diffuser will fill the air with enough active ingredient for you to get exactly the benefit you want.
- Not all oils are the same. Ingredients, manufacturing methods, and other factors change the effectiveness of oils. Avoid brands with suspiciously low pricing. Low priced oil essentials might smell good but are made from inferior ingredients that lack enough active compounds to make these oils a useful therapy. Many of these brands fail to disclose their ingredients, making it difficult for those with allergies to choose safe products. Scentsy includes a list of every ingredient that goes into our oil essentials, so you can make an informed decision on the products your family uses.
These simple facts will help you choose the right brand of oils for your aromatherapy needs.
Choosing the Right Fragrance
Oil essentials are more than room deodorizers. The right blends and elements can help you set the mood and feel better all over.
- Many oils contain elements that fight bacteria, viruses, and fungal infections. These invaders sneak into your home every year during the winter, causing illness and discomfort. Use Scentsy oil blends like Dash, Clear, or Eucalyptus Lavender Mint to clear the air in enclosed spaces and reduce the probability of common colds and flu.
- If you’re already down with a cold or flu, encourage your body to heal itself faster with Scentsy oils. Peppermint clears mucus from clogged nasal passages and cavities. Lemon oil essentials have anti-inflammatory properties that loosen tight, congested chest muscles. Lavender calms the mind, so you can get the rest your body needs to get back to full health.
- For those who are looking for some extra motivation to get them through a task, vibrant blends like Live, Apple Orange Raspberry, and Grapefruit Blood Orange enable the body to process oxygen faster. Like a high-octane engine, your body will be able to perform faster. These oil essentials also increase mental abilities associated with learning, memory, and focus.
- Boost your ability to fall asleep without pills or potions when you use Scentsy oil essentials. Our Twinkle Twinkle blend combines lavender, eucalyptus, and chamomile to create a scent that soothes you into a deep, refreshing sleep. Rose Chamomile Lavender is another fragrance that makes it easy to get the high-quality sleep your body needs. Our exclusive Rest blend includes orange flower, mandarin fruit, and tropical elemi to relax every muscle in your body.
Scentsy makes it simple for you to use the power of oil essentials in your daily life. Our selection of natural oils is made with natural ingredients found around the world. Our blends are crafted to increase the potency of each component, so you get a consistent and real benefit from your oil essentials experience.
Using Oil Essentials in a Diffuser
Diffuser aromatherapy is a gentle, effective way to experience your favorite oils. Start off slowly and follow these tips to get the best results.
- Begin with single oils. Get to know how individual scents make you feel. Once you feel more comfortable, try mixing up your own blends.
- Store oils in dark bottles with airtight lids. Exposure to light and heat can break down active compounds in your essentials and reduce their effectiveness.
- Clean your diffuser in-between uses. If you use different blends and scents frequently, this is especially important. Competing smells of different oils can ruin your scent.
Diffuser’s lets you experience the benefits of essential oils without potentially dangerous flames or other heating elements. They are safe for use in all kinds of settings. Scentsy’s large selection of decorative diffusers makes it easy to match the décor in your room or space.
Essential Oils for Health and Happiness
Primitive man used their sense of smell to find food, assess their environment, and evaluate new people, animals, and plants. Over time, our olfactory sense has evolved with the rest of the brain. However, the sense of smell is still powerful. Researchers have observed that different scents affect our emotions, decision-making, and inhibitions. With Scentsy oil essentials, you can use this awe-inspiring ability to support your own mental and physical health. Use essential oils to increase motivation, encourage relaxation, or induce happy feelings. Or just choose something that smells good! Whatever you’re looking for in a home fragrance, Scentsy oils are a safe way to achieve it.